• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had all my teeth crowned in one day

Update for those that are following. Thursday night I had a throbbing too ache. Somehow slept through the night and made it through Friday when it kept getting worse. Barely slept Friday night because it was throbbing again. Ended up needing an emergency root canal which I balled all morning until they open the tooth up and cleaned it out. Have to say the actual root canal process wasn’t the problem, it’s really the pain before it and also the day after soreness. On this journey this is a little bump along the way, but I’m sure as heck struggling!

I'm sorry to hear you needed a root canal. I was surprised that you didn't need root canals when getting all of your teeth crowned. Sometimes the trauma of getting your teeth crowned can cause the need for a root canal.
How are you feeling now?

Luckily not all crowns will need root canals or I’d be balling my eyes out! But it seems like this one was the one that gave me trouble before so it kinda made sense. Hopefully this is it and I’ll be ok!

Update for those that want one. The swelling has gone down completely and now I can open my mouth and talk fine. It was pretty infected. I’m still waiting for my perm crowns, and I’m anxiously waiting for those. I keep waking up thinking my temps fell out but they seem to be fine. It’s driving me nuts!

I’m wondering how you are doing? How is eating??

Thanks for checking in. I’m super cautious about eating only soft stuff only because I’m afraid my front teeth will come un glued. But I’m not starving by any means! I’ve been eating every meal, but all cooked stuff and soups. Once I don’t have to worry about my front teeth getting knocked loose from eating, I’ll be much better off! The tooth that was infected is much better though. Still nervous to eat on it, but it really feels fine. I haven’t had Advil for about 2 days and I can sleep through the night without pain. Praying things keep looking up!

An update for those that are following my story. My front temps were dropped by the dentists and broke in half, so I have a Bridge on each side of my front now, which was actually a positive. Because they feel more secure now that they aren’t 6 connected. But I’ve been trying to floss under each bridge and one of the half’s fell out. But I was able to glue them back on myself! So I’m actually impressed with myself! But I didn’t really dry the teeth Like the dentists do, which I hope is ok! It’s temp cement they gave me in a little package, so if I can just make it until next week when they said they will have my permanents in by I’ll be in great shape! I really can’t believe I’ve made it this far in my journey!

They have fallen out a lot! So, is it when you are biting into things? Or they just randomly fall out?

I’m not even biting with them. I’ve been breaking everything up. I think it’s a combination of clenching/grinding at night and knocking it with my toothbrush or even when I’m chewing and Accidentally catch the side of the bridge. Plus it’s temp glue and I don’t think theirs lasts very long. I can’t wait for the perms! It makes me want to cry when they come out. I just feel embarrassed and ugly. Of course I know that’s in my head but I’m just ready for the next step. I don’t want to have to worry about it being out somewhere and suddenly they don’t stay any more.

Update- still haven’t received my final crowns yet. We are expecting 12 of them, for front upper and lower. 6 on top and 6 on bottom. These temps keep popping out and are driving me nuts! But I’ve gotten really good at glueing them back in! According to my dentist he says I’m doing awesome! All my teeth look great and are healthy and gums look good. This just feels like such a mental game. Eventually it will be done though and it will never be all at once Like this ever again! I’m more excited to be able to chew and not have super sensitive teeth and can’t wait to reduce the grinding and my jaw not being so strained. Although things might never be “perfect” they will be usable, healthy and no pain. I just wanted to update you all who were following, even though every day can be a little bit of a struggle, it’s going to be worth it!

Enviro,

Just curious .. what do you glue your temp crowns back in with ? I have one that I'm knocking on wood it doesn't come out before the final gets back.

So they gave me a packet of Kerr temp bond. It works well. It’s my front that fall off more because of brushing them and trying to eat with them. Praying the finals come in next week!!! I tried the cement from the drug store - dentex or something like that and it really is terrible and doesn’t work at all! I hope yours stays in!

Thanks.. that is good they gave you something that helps! Hope yours and mine both come in soon :) I love crowns, and very thankful for them but the temp thing is hard.. I guess the wait is worth it once it comes in :) ! I've tried the drug store stuff too and had troubles too in the past.!

I’m happy to hear you’re a fan of them. I had 4 before I decided to get all of them done to save my teeth. All temps at once are not fun, but it’s only temporary lol. But really I’m excited for the end result! Fingers crossed they come in pronto for us!

How do you keep your gums super clean when every time you try to floss your temps, they fall out? Shouldn’t a water pick and electric tooth brush work? Don’t get me wrong though, I miss flossing!! Anyone have any hopeful hints?

I'm wondering if you got your final crowns?

Me too wondering how yours came? and my dentist told me NOT to floss mine because of how it was. so I didn't floss this, but I hear you on coming out. so I was kind of glad he told me not to.

Back