• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what.

D

Dean

Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what.

Hi, I had my tooth out on the above date, and it was my first one ever out. (wisdom tooth, because I was decayed for over a year while I was travelling out of the UK). I'm not in much pain, although today I did wake up with alot of pain but it went away shortly after. I'm taking ibuprofen and paracetamol daily, I finished my antibiotic course the day after the extraction, or well the one last tablet. Was Metronidazole was supposed to get 9 but i got 10 tablets. I have a picture of the site, not that great sorry but any feedback would be great, if it's healing well, or infected I just want to know.nasty.jpgnasty2.jpg Edited the second picture in because the first had flash and made it look different than it does, second picture is more so how it looks.

also there is a lump, or something i don't know on my cheek, you can kinda see it in the picture, but it looks like its connecting to the extraction site?

Last edited:
Re: Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what.

This is how it looks today, is this normal? I just need to know, I don't want to bug the dentist, or have to keep going there if I don't need too.nasty3.jpg Can you guys see the picture or not? If not I can use something else to upload it.

Re: Had my first ever tooth out on the 9/1/15 and I don't know if it's healing or what.

I answered your other thread it does look a bit red and sore where the small lump is that you mention. I wouldn't like to advise you on this as I am not a dentist. If you are in pain or have a bad taste then you should see the dentist. If you are still worried then also contact them and let them have a look. :butterfly:

Back