• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had new partial dentures but not convinced they fit properly.

S

simon k

Hi. I have recently had 8 of my front upper teeth extracted and 1 from the back. I was fitted with a partial denture. They fitted well at the front but when I bite and the rear tooth connects with my lower teeth they don't join properly and that one tooth levers my whole denture out of place. Should I not be able to bite my teeth together without the front popping out ?

Hi. I have recently had 8 of my front upper teeth extracted and 1 from the back. I was fitted with a partial denture. They fitted well at the front but when I bite and the rear tooth connects with my lower teeth they don't join properly and that one tooth levers my whole denture out of place. Should I not be able to bite my teeth together without the front popping out ?

Sounds like you need an adjustment. somethings probably just a little off.

Definitely you need the bite adjusting. Dentures are hard enough to cope with without additional problems like that

Back