• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Half Broken Tooth

J

jackiepowell

Hi
[I hope someone can advise me. I’m 23 at the last time I went to the dentist I was 17! I think I need some treatment, but I am so TERRIFIED of going!
I woke up this morning, and one of my front teeth at the side has broken off, and the front half is missing, looks like it was filled years ago, as you can see when I smile, a slight gap with silver filing!!
It looks a complete mess as you can imagine!! I have booked an appointment with a dentist this morning, as I wasn’t registered till this morning, I cant get in until 21st July!

I have been crying most the morning, I have had diarrhoea from it, shaking and been sick, as I am so nervous!!
Can anyone help me overcome my fear? What can I do to get myself to the dentist? I have a broken back tooth which I have let keep breaking as I wont go! But I cant let my front tooth do the same!!

I am so frightened that I am going to have it pulled out and have a huge gap for the rest of my life!!!
Help!!

Jackie

Last edited:
Hi Jackie :welcome:,

I noticed that you haven't had any reply yet (holiday season and all that...). Did you manage to work up the courage to visit the dentist? If yes, how did it go?

If a tooth cannot not be saved and needs to be removed, there is no reason why you should be left with a gap. There are many possibilities for replacing missing teeth.

Please let us know how you got on :)!

Not been yet, got to go on Tuesday 21st!

Its not getting removed!! Its staying right in there! I want a pain free procedure!!

I have been speaking to a few ppl who have had the same problem...they have broken teeth in half alot worse then mine, and have had a cap!

Jackie

Best of luck for your appointment :grouphug: - please let us know how you got on :)!

I really cant calm myself down! :(

Any ideas?

I have a broken tooth too and seeing the dentist at 3pm for it to be looked at. Who knows what will be done.

I'm scared to death. Honestly I am near tears right now.

My problem is I can't get numb. It takes like 8-10 shots to numb me and between that the dentist is like "Let's test this and see if it is numb." Do you even want to think of what it feels like not numb? It's AWFUL.

I noticed this last night I have a broken tooth. I slept very little. The second I saw it my face got bright red, my stomach was VERY upset like I'd throw up and well I was stuck in the bathroom for awhile & I'm just a mess.

I have an appointment at 3pm. I plan on talking to my dentist before he even touches me which is scary.

My dentist will give pills to help relax you but this costs us $300 each visit PLUS dental work. We can't afford it.

I'm told by others a simple Valium plus the gas may work. So I hope to try that and hope it won't cost us tons of money.

If not I have to find a new dentist and who knows the costs of that. Our current dentist lets us make monthly payment and such. Others don't. (sigh)

I hear you I am just like you. During my last cleaning I dug my nails into my fingers I had sores on them for over a week.

Does your tooth hurt? Mine does which makes things worse.

Back