• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS THREAD

N

Nat

Hi all, I just wanted to pop in before Christmas to wish you all a happy holiday! I will be back before the 1st dreaded appointment in the new year!!! Thanks to everyone for all your support and encouragement over the past few days, I dont know how I would have managed without it! :grouphug: So have a pain, worry free holiday!

Sorry, Nat, for splitting this thread - I've been meaning to start a "Happy Christmas" thread, and this was the perfect excuse :)! I hope you don't mind - and enjoy the holidays :)!

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this board by posting here over the year. You have all created a great atmosphere - this is not an easy thing to do in cyberspace. My special thanks to anyone who has come here to provide support, it is hugely appreciated - and of course to the support moderators, James, our latest "addition" Vicki, and gdentalfear - you're all doing a fantastic job!

I'd also like to say thanks to Mike and Glenn (even though they haven't been around much lately due to job/study/etc. pressures). And, of course, to Gordon - but because he doesn't read the support section, I'll post a separate Chrimbo message on the dentistry questions board :).

Congratulations to everyone who has managed to overcome their fears this year and to everyone who is in the process of doing so :cheers:. Especially anyone who has taken the time to post their success stories (or anyone who is going to do so) - you are a huge inspiration to others!

And most importantly - best of luck to all those who would like to overcome their fears in the coming year. I know that "just" looking up, never mind reading something like this board is a huge achievement when you're in the depth of a dental phobia :grouphug:. Doing so takes a lot of guts.

Anyways, the point was: Merry Christmas everyone :party: :cheers: :hic: :)

Merry Christmas to all from me too.

I hope the New Year brings all that you wish for...and more

:grouphug:

:party: :cheers:
Happy Christmas everyone - and huge thanks to everyone who's supported me over the past couple of months. :XXLhug: It's been soooooo helpful.
Hope everyone has a wonderful 2006.

Merry Christmas to everyone from me as well ;D.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their messages of support - it has helped me so much over the past few months. A big big thank you also goes to letsconnect whose advice and support (and patience ;)!) has helped me to feel more normal again and also hopefully enabled me to be in a better position to start facing my fears - starting with next appointment.

Many people on here have come a long way this year and some of us still have quite a way to go, but with the continued support and success of this forum (and the new website next year :)), I'm sure there will be many more success stories in 2006.

I know that some people (myself included) have appointments in January - so it looks like it's going to be a busy month on the board but with the support of each other and a little bit (or quite a lot :p) of courage, I'm sure we'll all be OK :).

So, as a friend of mine always writes in her christmas cards: Eat, drink and be very merry! :party:

:grouphug:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! :party:

A year ago, everything for me was so different, so for anyone going through a difficult time, know that there is always hope.

Thanks to everyone who has posted. (And yay to everyone who transitioned from the old board!) :cheers:

Special thanks to letsconnect, for creating a caring, knowledgable forum where people could speak honestly and openly about their fears. :respect:

-James

Happy  holidays   to everyone on this board .May the  meaning of the holiday season sustain you  in the year  to  come !!!!!Thanks  go  to LC, and the  mod squad...for a tremendous   job .And  a  special  thanks to Vickey(new mod)  for bailing  me  out    before  my appt  the    end  of last  month -wouldnt have gone  down  otherwise .HAVE  A SAFE  NEW YEARS , EVERYONE!!!!!!

Back