• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Hard Lump in Cheek after 4 Wisdom Teeth Extraction

T

TheIronKing

Hello, on Wednesday (2-17-2016) I had all 4 of my Wisdom teeth extracted plus 4 of my premolars in order to make room for braces. I stopped bleeding about a day after the extraction and swelling has been gradually and slowly going down since Friday, but there is a hard lump inside my left cheek that hasn't gone away. It is literally on the inside of my cheek as I felt on the inside of my mouth to confirm. I contacted my oral surgeon and he said that it's probably bleeding, it doesn't hurt when I press on it unless I put a great amount of pressure on it. I am just looking for a second opinion, is it really bleeding or could it be something else. Any help would be appreciated!

A

ashley2994

Hello TheIronKing -

I also had 2 wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday 2/17 and am experiencing the same thing as you. I first noticed the lump on the inside of my right cheek on Friday, and my dentist said it was probably from the suture which had a rough spot on it, so they clipped it. My cheek is pretty red and I don't think that is the only cause. It could be a canker sore, a result of the trauma of the extraction in that area, or an infection, which I am trying to figure out for myself as well. I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to reply that I am in the same position as you are right now, and I hope we can find out what it is together :)

A

Agc923

Hello everyone,

I had my wisdom teeth removed on 3/31/16 and am having that same hard lump on my cheek. I was wondering if either of you had figured out what the problem was so I could have some reassurance.

Thank you so much!

B

blueboxbadwolf

Anyone find out anything?

D

dahotone

Experiencing this now, does anyone have an answer that can help me

P

Pangeona14

same here, it was as if my sutures were threaded up there due to the way they were pointing and thier hight i wonder if it's just an impact injury from a tool jabbing it during norm use?