• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hard Lump in Cheek after 4 Wisdom Teeth Extraction

T

TheIronKing

Former Member
Hello, on Wednesday (2-17-2016) I had all 4 of my Wisdom teeth extracted plus 4 of my premolars in order to make room for braces. I stopped bleeding about a day after the extraction and swelling has been gradually and slowly going down since Friday, but there is a hard lump inside my left cheek that hasn't gone away. It is literally on the inside of my cheek as I felt on the inside of my mouth to confirm. I contacted my oral surgeon and he said that it's probably bleeding, it doesn't hurt when I press on it unless I put a great amount of pressure on it. I am just looking for a second opinion, is it really bleeding or could it be something else. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello TheIronKing -

I also had 2 wisdom teeth extracted on Wednesday 2/17 and am experiencing the same thing as you. I first noticed the lump on the inside of my right cheek on Friday, and my dentist said it was probably from the suture which had a rough spot on it, so they clipped it. My cheek is pretty red and I don't think that is the only cause. It could be a canker sore, a result of the trauma of the extraction in that area, or an infection, which I am trying to figure out for myself as well. I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to reply that I am in the same position as you are right now, and I hope we can find out what it is together :)

Hello everyone,

I had my wisdom teeth removed on 3/31/16 and am having that same hard lump on my cheek. I was wondering if either of you had figured out what the problem was so I could have some reassurance.

Thank you so much!

Anyone find out anything?

Experiencing this now, does anyone have an answer that can help me

Back