• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

harper's journal

harper

harper

hi all
im gonna start writing this to help me and others im already having treatment but hope it will help others
well heres goes ive just found out ive got to go to the dentist tomorrow for the first time in ten years. thanks darling husband . ive been terrified since i was twelve years old and the dentist i saw pulled a tooth with the abcess and just told me it was my own fault for not looking after them . i have been back since to a different dentist but unfortunetly that went badly when she couldnt get my bottom jaw numb. havent been back since. i dont know how im going to go through the door let alone open my mouth i expect they wont have seen anything so bad as mine.

well todays the day weve arrived at the practice and my husband is literally dragging me across the car park :cry: finally get through the door and sit down what seems like an hour later the dentist c. comes out and i just hid behind s pretending my name wasnt m. i finally sit in the chair and he asks me if he can have a look which i reluctanly say yes to, im terrified and very embarrassed cos they are awful. i get to hold the sharp thing so he only has the mirror,he then says hold it in the other hand or youll stab me :) i had the exam and loads of x rays. more later becouse i actually feel sick writing this :shame: please if anyone feels like replying please do i feel awful and its taking over my life ! ive not eaten since friday and just feel sick sorry a pain i know .

had my xrays done and c tells s that i have to have them seen too we cant leave them. he asks me what i think will happen if we leave them and i just said well they will fall out! looking back it must have sounded awful but im terrified and would rather they fell out than anyone touched them. weve decided on sedation and now i have to wait for the nhs to approve it and panick away

letter arrived today to say theyve aproved my treatment so i guess this is it. ive got to have
12 fillings
1 root filling
3 crowns
the dreaded extended scale and polish :(
im gonna have this done with 3 lots of sedation although it doesnt really make me feel much better. oh well not starting it till after christmas at least .

well its my first app,nothing to eat for 4 hours not a prob couldnt eat anything anyway :( tried to get out of it by telling s i had a sore throat but receptionist said it fine :( i meet the anesthetist who doesnt seem to bad he tells me what there gonna do but i wasnt really listening just want to run away. c is going to do the root filling and that extended scale and polish thing :cry: first prob the anesthetist cant find the vein,mine always hide away and id made sure it wasnt coming out today! finally find one and dont remember much else . all done so i go to recovery with a very nice nurse and then go home. overall not that bad

well today has come around quickly got to have my crown preps done and to be honest im very frightened today,really dont want to go . the traffic is horrendous but in a way im releived maybe ill miss the appointment . no such luck there running late. ive arrived and steve says i have to go in eventually i do and then we are called and c asks if i have any questions i say no when reallly i do so s says shes worrying about when the temps come off for the crowns to go on. c explained that they just pop off and im ready to have the crown preps done. i have to be weighed for the Anaesthetic and now ive got to get on with it.

Back