• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Has anyone done wisdom tooth removal with a combination of nitrous oxide and oral sedation?

J

jsn9491

If you guys haven't seen my previous, I'm more than likely not gonna be able to go through with the IV sedation due to fears of not waking up and might just do two at a time (hopefully the bottoms first so I don't have to worry as much later).

I just wanted to learn about your guys' experience of being orally sedated with local injections, nitrous oxide with local injections, or all three in conjunction.

I have had inhalation sedation and IV sedation, and I much preferred IV. Inhalation was okay, I never felt the local injections and felt quite 'remote' from what was going on, quite relaxed about everything. Recovery time was quite quick, about 30 minutes before I was able to travel home. With IV, I remembered very little about what was happening, although I was able to cooperate fully with the dentist and her assistant, and never felt a thing. Recovery was longer, and I needed someone to take me home and be with me for a few hours.

Back