• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Has anyone had to have their gum cut 4 extraction?

C

coopercharlie619

Terrified, next week is my long awaited surgery. I'm having the IV to have a tooth broken right to gumline extracted and it's nearby wisdom tooth. Never had an extraction in my entire life and have avoided it at all costs much to the detriment of my dental health as I chose root canal and the tooth ended up breaking (now to the gumline) so never again will I have root canal.
I'm scared as the dentist will have to cut the gum to remove the tooth as there's no tooth to grab.
Has anyone had this before? I'm scared of the swelling and pain afterward. I'm scared that because the tooth is so rotted and keeps getting infected that it won't be a success and might crumble to bits when he extracts it.
Please help, terrified!!

Re: Has anyone had to have their gum cut 4 extract

its been 15 yrs since i went to the dentist one of mine was broke down to the gum right next to another full tooth they were removing.
they removed the full tooth which i could feel the pushing and pulling then she said thats it i've done the two i couldnt believe it
i didnt even know they had taken the other out felt no pressure or anything, she explained if they are broke to the gum they are easier to remove..

good luck
:XXLhug:

Re: Has anyone had to have their gum cut 4 extract

Hello there. I had multiple extractions a couple of months ago but 4 of them were on one side of my bottom gim and all were decayed down to the gum and all that was left were tips. He made an insision down the entire side of my gum and got them out. It never hurt afterwards and healed great and fast. I would had rather had that then all the holes from the other ones that have seemed to tak ealot longe to heal(although they gave me no problems either)

Back