• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Has anyone had weird sensations in their root canal tooth?

S

Star87

Hi!

I have had a question ever since I got my first root canal done a year and a half ago, (it is my front right tooth just as an FYI so only 1 canal I think!)

Has anyone had any weird feelings in the tooth after they have had root canal? I never get any pain in it but sometimes I get such a weird feeling it's hard to describe... It almost feels like something has wrapped itself around this tooth and vibrating on it, it feels like it is out of place in my mouth!

It is not sensitive at all to cold or hot but this weird feeling tends to come on if I eat something hot and then drink cold water, but still no pain or feeling of sensitivity

My dentist has x-rayed it since and the canal is perfectly filled so I am wondering if it might just be one of those things or something to be concerned about??

Strangely enough, I had a front right upper tooth that had RCT treatment and then forever afterward (about 30 years until that tooth was finally pulled earlier this year), it was just "odd". Whenever I'd drink a carbonated beverage (beer or pop), it would sort of feel like it was vibrating. It never caused me any pain, or sensitivity to hot or cold, but a carbonated beverage set it off every single time.

Strangely enough, I had a front right upper tooth that had RCT treatment and then forever afterward (about 30 years until that tooth was finally pulled earlier this year), it was just "odd". Whenever I'd drink a carbonated beverage (beer or pop), it would sort of feel like it was vibrating. It never caused me any pain, or sensitivity to hot or cold, but a carbonated beverage set it off every single time.

Thank you! I am so glad I am not crazy, I started to think I was imagining it in my head because I was waiting for something to go wrong with it. It's such a strange feeling :hmm:

I've had a rc tooth for over ten years. I get a sensation kind of like throbbing but instead of a pulsating throb it's just a pressure type feel, so I think it's the same as yours. My tooth has resorbed and I figured that's what's causing this feeling.

That really answers your question already, but I'll also add that I feel like my gum is swelling (barely noticeable) and becoming more sensitive... so I'm worried about it and will prob get it pulled out soon. Going to schedule some appmts to get opinions.

Back