• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having fillings tomorrow and I'm scared!

M

mischa

Hello!

I have a few fillings that need doing- one almost needed root canal and will need to be dressed and have a crown. They're doing 1/2 fillings a day.

I don't know what type of filling I'm having tomorrow but I'm really nervous! I'm not that worried about the needle because they numb you first and I'm not nervous about the numbing- it will just be weird and annoying.

I'm really scared of the drill!!! I used to have fillings done on the NHS but have been delaying having my fillings done and I'm hoping that having them done privately will somehow be less scary.

When I last had it done, I could feel the vibrations and a strong, sensitive, cold-like feeling when they drilled a tooth.

I'm a complete whimp. Even when the dentist was cleaning my teeth with an electric toothbrush, I was nervous, just because of the fact that it's a dentist putting a tool in your mouth.

Please offer your reassurances!

By the way, I'm new to this forum, and whoever made it is a genius!

I understand. I hate even the sound of the drill. It sends shivers through my ears (if that's possible) and down my spine. I feel for you!

I also have an appointment tomorrow that I am dreading. So we're sort of...kind of...in this together. I hope you are able to focus on something other than the drill and that it's over quickly.

I understand. I hate even the sound of the drill. It sends shivers through my ears (if that's possible) and down my spine. I feel for you!

I also have an appointment tomorrow that I am dreading. So we're sort of...kind of...in this together. I hope you are able to focus on something other than the drill and that it's over quickly.

Thank you, me too! I hope your experience goes okay as well. Maybe you could try reciting something, such as lyrics for your favourite song. When I was having my teeth cleaned, I was nervous and was repeating a prayer in my head.

I hope I don't get nightmares tonight!!!

Had the filling and dressing! Have two more next tuesday and I'm not worried at all now! I was worried over nothing.

Seriously, there is nothing to worry about- and that's coming from a wimp. I couldn't feel a thing, even though the cavity was really deep and close to a nerve. I was actually dozing off! The jab didn't hurt because they put a numbing gel on first.

I'm writing this, hoping that it will reassure someone.

Well done Mischa, I always listen to a mp3 player when I need any drilling done I find it drowns out the noise and helps me relax.

Back