• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having tooth out Thursday what to eat etc

D

daviddenise24

So as per another thread I posted in having a upper tooth out Thursday

Anyone suggest meals to eat for the week that will not harm the extraction site abut also heal it faster

I presume after it's done cannot eat that evening as my appointment is at 3:10pm
Also understand no hot drinks and no spitting or straws?
Is brushing my teeth that night not advisable?

Was going to get some ice cream and sorbets in maybe yoghurts but not sure on dinners?

Got a wedding reception on Saturday evening as well

Thanks for help and suggestions in advance

Getting nervous now of the whole thing Guess it's the waiting that's the worse part and unknown of how it will go

I had soft desserts (mousses) when I had a tooth out in 2006, I went away on holiday two days later (I asked was I okay still to fly and he said yes)

Next day I was eating normally.

As for brushing

When I had my 4 wisdoms out together with my 4 premolars in preparation for braces, I was eating scrambled eggs, soft boiled eggs, toufu, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, avocados and fresh milk. I also had alot of soups and congees too.

You can also do warm salt water rinses (be careful not to swish the water around forcefully) and avoid eating on the side of your mouth where you had your tooth extracted.

Hi daviddenise24,

you already have some suggestions from grumpybear and Thephilsblogbar, but here is a link about healing after an extraction.
https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/faq/healing/

You will find there some information about what to expect and what to take care of. Somewhere in the article there is also a link to soft food ideas.

I would be nervous too if I had extractions, I would say it's one of the scariest procedures that one can go through. Fortunately, it's one of the quickest ones as well so you might be surprised how easy and fast it will go.
Hope you can find a way to distract yourself until Thursday. Reading some success stories here on the forum of writing a journal could be helpful too.

I mostly ate chocolate mouse , smooth soups and broths, and egg fou young gravy.. totally weird I know :) but it seemed to fill me up a little

Back