• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a dental problems forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having wisdom tooth # 32 removed!

W

wisdomtootheek

Hi all, new here with a question! I have only one wisdom tooth and low and behold... it needs to be removed! It is sideways, what a joy! I have a few questions...

1. I cannot have antibiotics due to my risk of getting c-difficle... It is okay to not have any antibiotics if there is no infection, yes? Because I just CANNOT have them unless I am dying.

2. If sutured, when can I resume eating normal foods? Because of my stomach issues, I have to eat a lot of nuts, meats, and cheeses. Without these I cannot get daily calories. I cannot have fruits or veggies, eggs, sugars, etc. What are some "soft foods"I can eat?

Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
1) you don’t have to have antibiotics, especially if there is no acute inflammation.
2) since only one wisdom tooth is extracted, I can promise you can chew on the side whiteout extraction without any limitations. Regardless of any sutures.