• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Healing after wisdom teeth normal?

A

Ashleyne95

I have no pain really just this annoying scab rubbing against the inside of my mouth. I had my wisdom teeth (all four) removed 7 days ago, and I have almost no pain but i look in my mouth and there's a gross dark colored looking scab and there's a little bit of white on it . It's really gross looking but isn't painful is this normal?
[broken link removed] Here is the pic

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you email that to your dentist and have them see what they think?

I had my upper wisdom teeth out on Friday and they had grown in crooked (towards my cheeks) since I don't have bottom wisdom teeth. I think when the dentist stitched me up because of how the teeth were set, the extraction sites are on the sides too, so I can't really see much going on.

I know white or dark red are fine, but I'm not sure about the colors that I see in the picture.

Are you in pain? Have swelling in those areas?
Have you been using salt water rinses every 2-3 hours?

I just 15 teeth removed friday...worst thing u can do is keep looking in mouth and getting worked up about how it should look...no pain means its healing great!!!!

I agree.

Don't stress yourself out by constantly looking and being worried that something is wrong. I am not a dentist but it looks normal to me.

If you do get pain and or a bad taste that pain meds don't help or if you are still worried then contact your dentist and let them have a look.

Happy healing and all the best to you :butterfly:

Back