• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Healing time urgent

P

Pablo McD

Hi, I have recently had to under go a full physical exam and extensive dental work in order to keep my job, as my work requires it, plus i was in pain with infected teeth etc.
So I was almost there, just had a second troublesome tooth removed, 1st lower incisor. It didn't go as planned, i heard a loud "Crack" and some sighs...found out after the extraction that it was some sort of tooth or bone, or jaw fracture that happened during the extraction.
I have to note that, i am getting my work done in Thailand and it has been difficult to get a complete explanation in plain English unfortunately.

I think she said, "Partial Fracture". So, I have this bone almost extruding through my gum just under where I had the incisor extracted. I can just see it pale white and it rubs against my lower lip. Yep, it hurts. I'm taking 600 mg Ibuprofen 2 times a day and dowsing it with clove oil and medicated mouth spray to help ease the pain.
My dentist said in broken English, that she would not remove it, because it would be difficult and "vaguely" said it
would heal by itself, but I'm not sure how long or the actual severity of this problem.

The moderate to semi severe pain has stayed the same since the extraction around 2 weeks ago,some days seems it may have eased 20% but hard to tell when I am taking so much medication. Added a photo and blurred it a bit as not to be too graphic.

fracturetooth.jpg

Why the urgent question to this board?

Priorty 1 : If it doesn't ease in the next week or so....I may be impacted at work and lose my job.
That is almost a worse scenario than having teeth pulled. Will be devastated.

If there is any one out there who has advice about a healing time or any information to give, I would much appreciate it as I'm in information Limbo! and still pain.

Regards to this great forum.
Paul

Last edited:
Hi,
You did not say when was the tooth extracted. In any case, you should make a small X-ray just to be on the safe side.

Hi I did mention 2 weeks ago extraction in my post, as of today seems a little less pain however maybe 20%...still hoping. Limited time for x rays now as i am preparing for my work contract in a few days....im thinking will try go back to Dentist as she suggested to do if pain got worse.

Thanks
Paul

Back