• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Health problems, dental problems. So scared!

Thanks TBK!! Back in 2 weeks to do another area ?
I’ve decided that I’ve been forced to face my fears head on. 1-2 appointments weekly for over a month straight. I’m still scared sh*tless but walking into the office seems to get a little easier each time. I hope the same is true for you! ❤️

Thanks TK. I've kind of been forced as well. My overall health requires it, yet slightly hinders it as well. However I am determined to follow thru and do the best I can to take care of my oral health with this amazing dental team. This is just the beginning/cleaning stage and idk what all needs done. (I know I need a couple removed and I have 1 cavity), but whatever it is, no matter how nervous I am. Ill be there to have it taken care of and soon ill be as healthy as I can possibly be. ?

Thanks TK. I've kind of been forced as well. My overall health requires it, yet slightly hinders it as well. However I am determined to follow thru and do the best I can to take care of my oral health with this amazing dental team. This is just the beginning/cleaning stage and idk what all needs done. (I know I need a couple removed and I have 1 cavity), but whatever it is, no matter how nervous I am. Ill be there to have it taken care of and soon ill be as healthy as I can possibly be. ?
I’m right there with you, girl! ❤️

I just had wisom teeth removed, scaling & root planning is my next procedure, im paying for the anesthesia and getting all 4 quadrants done at the same time. Im scared but would rather do it this way while im under. My dental ptsd is exteme this forum has helped me in a big way, im thankful for it and everyone who posts. We are all in this together right? Good luck Stephscared AF. Im proud of you ??

Good luck, you'll do great no doubt!! Its not as bad as I thought it would be. However I decided to halt further treatment, (with the ok of my dentist) and start saving to go with a full upper and a partial on the bottom. Im tired of being embarrassed about my teeth, they won't get better and im ready to heal and be over it. So, that is exactly what I'm going to do lol. It'll take a bit of saving but I dont care, im worth it. ?? I wish you the best of luck sweet, tho I know you won't need it!!

Good for you! We are strangers but I am so proud of you.

I want to get my gums healthy first and then decide on my options

Good for you! We are strangers but I am so proud of you.

I want to get my gums healthy first and then decide on my options
Thank you SO much! I am proud of YOU also!! I found this forum when I was at my absolute lowest, and through reading posts and other people's journeys, idk, I think they empowered me so to say.. I finally did make my appt, and the dentist I see is wonderful and didn't hate me for things I'd done or didn't do, didn't discourage me when I said I wanted to save my teeth at first, nor did he scold me for deciding to change course after starting.. his office truly is amazing but if not for this forum, i absolutely wouldn't have found the courage or strength to put myself or my health first. You are right Sweet, we are all strangers, but we're all human also, and I hope my journey will help others to find what they need and remember to hold their heads up, be proud and always remember they are loved. ??

I just had wisom teeth removed, scaling & root planning is my next procedure, im paying for the anesthesia and getting all 4 quadrants done at the same time. Im scared but would rather do it this way while im under. My dental ptsd is exteme this forum has helped me in a big way, im thankful for it and everyone who posts. We are all in this together right? Good luck Stephscared AF. Im proud of you ??

@Sweetleef Good luck for your next appointment too :clover:

I’ve decided that I’ve been forced to face my fears head on. 1-2 appointments weekly for over a month straight. I’m still scared sh*tless but walking into the office seems to get a little easier each time. I hope the same is true for you! ❤

Well done for facing your fears. You should be super proud of yourself. Wanted to add that years on from first going back to the dentist, it does get easier each time you go. You get more comfortable and familiar I think which helps.

Back