• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Heart palpitations after injection

S

Sunshine2

Occasionally after I have injections my heart does really strange things. My dentist gives me non adrenaline injections however today after about 5mins into treatment my heart started beating really heavy and skipping beats. Having had it many times before I just told myself to try not to worry however its not easy when it's happening. I didn't tell my dentist as didn't want him to panic which would make me panic more. It soon passed after a few minutes. Just seems forever whilst it's happening. What is the reason for this please and is there anything I can take to prevent it happening? I sadly have a mouth full of bad teeth and dentist visits are a common thing for me. Last week I had 2 root canals and didn't have any problems then. Is it if its injected into the wrong place?

Panic attack probably. Your dentist won't panic if you tell him.
Some sedation before your appointment would probably help.

Back