• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Heart Palpitations Fear!

L

Liverette

I just found this site and I am desperate for support and encouragement to have an extraction done of the upper second mollar this Friday. I haven’t been going to the dentist due to severe phobia and anxiety. My past experience alwas has been terrible with my heart beating 130 and blood pressure skyrocketting. The dentist never uses epinephrine as an anesthetic because of heart palpitations. I also have heart murmur, so I take 2 Amoxcycillin an hour before dental work. I am terrified of having a stroke or fainting on the chair while the dentist is in the middle of a procedure. I need all the help I can get to ease my anxiety and I appreciate anyone commenting and giving me advice.

Thank you for reading my post!?

I can completely understand. Will you be sedated for the extraction?

I can completely understand. Will you be sedated for the extraction?
Just a local anesthetic without epinephrine. I just get so clusterphobic when sitting on the chair...

I wonder if you want to ask for IV sedation?

i also have palpitations. my dentist was able to use regular novicaine but he said something about moving the injections to avoid the possibility of hitting a nerve. ive had work done a few times and as of yet, no palp episodes. i would expect your heart rate to go up while in the office as well. im having two extractions done tomorrow under general anesthesia which is by far the most terrifying thing i thought could happen, so I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope you are hanging in there. Sometimes I think our fears ( myself definitely included) are worse than the actual procedures. So sorry you have all this other to deal with in addition regarding your health. I have a good feeling that you are going to do much better than you think. Just be easy on yourself & take it day by day.

I hope you are both doing well!

Back