• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help 26, awful gums, petrified

T

Tjade89

Hi

new to this and just looking for some advice and help.
im 26 and have been scared of the dentist for as long as I can remember. I have been a couple of times with emergencies but not gone back. I did start treatment at a dentist I could manage with but the cost just was too much as it was private
I have had a baby so treatment is currently free for me and I know I should go and get things started

i have receded gums badly on my front bottom 2 teeth and one feels very odd
im pretty sure I have bad bad gum disease And am petrified of what the dentist will say and judge me bu

i brush twice a day with an electric brush and floss and use corsodyl but my tooth health never improves but dentists always say they think I'm not telling the truth and I must just not brush. So I end up getting really upset and leaving.
I don't know what to do or how to cope with going the thought makes me anxious shaky and sick
snh help is appreciated

Go get started again with a new dentist. Since it sounds like you have new insurance so you might be able to get a different dentist. Call around and ask if they are phobic friendly and mention to the staff that you are concerned about getting judged about the state of your teeth. it might help if you take a friend/family member.

Hang in there. You'll find a good dentist that isn't judgmental and just wants to fix your teeth. Good luck!

Back