Help! Have I lost my blood clot after 7 days!

L
Hey,

im about 8 days after my extraction and earlier I had a white grainy type stuff on my extraction site I don't know if I was sucking on my cheek and felt a slight sting and I'm now terrified im in for dry socket! :( I haven't bled at all or tasted blood at all but I looked and to me it looks like it's gone! :( ive attached a picture below.image.jpg

FearfulInMA

FearfulInMA

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's been 8 days. That seems well within the range of normal. The clot is supposed to go away as the gums heal. You are far beyond the danger period for dry socket.

L
It's been 8 days. That seems well within the range of normal. The clot is supposed to go away as the gums heal. You are far beyond the danger period for dry socket.

Well I had it extracted Monday at 11 am so I'd say it's now 7 and a half, I feel a little bit better now .

FearfulInMA

FearfulInMA

Super Moderator
Staff member
7 days or 8 days either way you're well outside the danger period for dry socket. The clot is supposed to go away.

L
7 days or 8 days either way you're well outside the danger period for dry socket. The clot is supposed to go away.

Thank you so much fearful, my anxiety has lowered now I couldn't tell you how much worry I was in, I greatly appreciate it.