• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help!! how do you get partial dentures out!!!

D

dawn

after getting my three front teeth removed plus one next to my cannine pulled out on friday i was told to leave the new denture in place for 24 hours and then try to remove the denture and give everywhere a good clean. after pulling out the teeth she immediately put the dentures in place, this was excrucating even though i had my mouth frozen by the LA. i did tell her at the time that it was far to tight, but was told that this was better than being to slack!!! ok it hurt like mad for the past couple of days, but we just cant get the dentures to move!!!!! well getting a grip is hard but even with my hubby putting latex gloves on he can just about get hold, but pulling on the denture is hurting so much and it just wont "let go"

i have got to rinse my mouth out but the whole area is starting to smell abit now and i need help quickly please.

Hiya dawn,

I had my four lower front teeth removed last wednesday and an immediate partial fitted too. I was soooooooooooo scared to try and remove it on thursday, I had visions of it being stuck, and worried about pulling the clots away???
I rinsed my mouth a lot with salt water first and felt it loosen a bit . This did the trick for me and I was able to remove it easily although I was still :scared:

If this doesnt work for you, I'd give the dentist a ring tomorrow :XXLhug:

thankfully i have managed to get it off, i had to use a toothpick!!!!!!!!!!! when the plate was made they also made two more teeth that had been missing since i was a little girl, this was the one that was holding the whole thing so tightly on, so i managed to get the tooth pick in and slide it over, gruesome i know but it got it off and boy did it need a clean!!!! even though i have been constantly rinding my mouth out with mouth wash. still it hurt like crazy to get it back on again, same teeth, causing the problem i think she is going to have to do something about it as the pain is just awful, its like someone is cutting your gum open with a scapel, i get it so far on and then cover my mouth with a towel and bit, the towel muffels my scream!!!

sorry to be so dramatic, but it really does hurt that much!!!!

Hi Dawn, it's normal for dentures to need adjustments at the beginning. DO NOT BE SHY TO RING YOUR DENTIST IF YOU FEEL PAIN OR DISCOMFORT! Oftentimes, minor adjustments are all that's needed for a big improvement in comfort. Don't tough it out - there's no need for it and it's counter-productive.

Back