• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help my appointment is tomorrow afternoon :(

Sironastar

Sironastar

Hi peeps, well its been a long two weeks of waiting but my appointment is tomorrow and i am so scared i feel physically sick please help me go through with it i really dont want to back out now but i cant stop crying my fiance is coming with me but i am soo petrified after over ten years if going due to my fear, and advice appreciated :)

I know how you feel my first appointment is on Friday.

First just breathe. Take deep breaths and remind yourself that you don't have to tough anything out. If you need to stop that's okay.
Make sure you tell your dentist your specific fears as well so he/she can help you deal with them and make going to a dentist more pleasant.
Also, remember we're all here for you at the forum supporting you every step of the way! And that you've made a big step in getting as far as you have. I mean it's hard not to back out when you feel scared so I say you are doing a great job!

Thanks so much it's good to know I'm not alone I will let you know how I get on shame we can't go together lol

Oh please do update on how it's going! I hope your appointment goes well and yes it would be great if we could go together! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Hi Sironastar

We can't stop you feeling sick or crying but we are here to support you :XXLhug:

This appointment is the beginning of your new pain free life

:)

Try and keep you mind occupied with other things, and breathe deeply and try to relax. Let us know how you get on.

Well im really happy to tell you all i did it after all these years and fear i went through with the appointment the dentist was really reassuring and i didnt get the lecture i was expecting i do need 4 teeth out, 2 roots out and a filling but i did the hard part today had a full examination and xrays and the dentist has promised his treatment will not cause any pain so i loved hearing that, i will either have a bridge or implants but we will discuss on my next appointment, i still keep pinching myself that i have actually been to the dentist :) thank you all so much for the support i really appreciate it :) and believe me if i can do it anyone can :)

:jump:
I'm so happy for you! That's great news that your appointment went so well and I hope everything else goes smoothly! I only hope my appointment tomorrow is good as well

Brilliant news ..... well done !!

:jump:

Back