• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help needed please

T

Traciefish

hi sorry if this is long but like most really scared due to have a tooth taken out on monday, not sure if to go or not tbh but i know it needs to be done ... a couple of years ago i was sent to the hospital to have it removed but my own silly fault diddnt go i was refered as the dentist said it would be to complicated for her to extract,i did go to the hospital for the first vist just xrays taken and they said yes it would be a surgical extraction as roots are very long and basically half the tooth has a filling in the one side .. fast forward to now the filling has fallen out and only half a tooth remaining the rest under the gum which has grown over it, i got refered to a special care dental clinic because i dont think the dentists can cope with me lol well they looked at it and said their is alot of bone loss due to infection as i have also had 2 absesses in it yes i know my own fault and she said she will try to take it out monday and so i of cause just had to ask how bad will this be she said shes not sure but she will have ago but if she cannot take it all out i will get refered somewhere else so now i am even more scared to go through with it i just need some advise its half a crown left the rest just all gum thank you and sorry for long post

Should be pretty easy, thanks to the bone loss.

I know its my own fault not dealing with it thank you gordon for answering will it be surgical due to mainly all under the gum

Hi i have tried to put a picture on but i am really petrified to the point i cannot eat or sleep much due to worry having this extracted tomorrow just wondering how bad this will be i know its rotton and all broken not much tooth left at all and all my fault years of neglect but just wanted to know if it will be surgical or how will they get it out thank you

Attachments

• BC6DECE6-D64A-4C48-835B-6785C5DE0410.png
    BC6DECE6-D64A-4C48-835B-6785C5DE0410.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 67
Hi i have tried to put a picture on but i am really petrified to the point i cannot eat or sleep much due to worry having this extracted tomorrow just wondering how bad this will be i know its rotton and all broken not much tooth left at all and all my fault years of neglect but just wanted to know if it will be surgical or how will they get it out thank you

You can't really tell just by looking at it, but if there's been plenty of bone loss it shouldn't be hard. Looks like it will elevate out nicely from that photo though...

Thank you for getting back to me i am sorry i am such a pest its broken under the gum the one side

Hi Traciefish, hopefully things went well for you today?

Hi yes it came out in 1 piece and took less than 5 mins i cannot believe all those years of worrying now over thank you for asking

I wont put a picture of the tooth up as its horrid and embarrassed at my self for letting it get that bad

That's excellent news - well done ? !!

Good job getting rid of it. You'll probably feel a bit better physically now that your body doesn't have a low level infection to deal with constantly. Frees up resources that can be better used elsewhere :)

Yes i feel alot more relaxed now swollen but at least now its finally done thank you for answering me and without reading others on here i doubt i would have done it next time i defo wont delay treatment

Sorry being a pain again is it normal for the hole to
Fill up of a white grey stuff

Yes, the white grey stuff is good and part of normal healing (have a search for "granulation tissue" on this forum and you'll find hundreds of posts about it...)

Hi again sorry to be a pain but quite concerned i had 2 teeth out one has healed but this one that i showed pic of still has not healed still a big hole its not hurting but not closing either i did go back to dentist she just said to keep doing salt washes but she did say she thought it would have started to heal by now i am not saying shes wrong but is this normal

Back