• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help please! petrified my temps will fall out...

E

Envirochick12887

Hi, I have all temporary crowns in. I just went to the dentists yesterday to get impressions for the finals, which they will be putting in on stages. I just woke up and feel the top front section- 4 teeth are on one section and it feels like it might be a little rocky, like the front two feel secure but the sides aren’t. Has anyone ever had this problem? I have an interview in the am and am petrified they will just skip out or something scary like that will happen. Help please!

Hi there,

sorry to read that your crowns feel unstable and especially when you have your interview :( temps are meant to stay in until the permanent crowns can be placed, however they can lose sometimes. My practice gives their patients a tiny tube of temporary cement as the last resort if this happens or advise them to put the crowns back in with a bit of toothpaste if they fall out. Anyway, your problem seems to be that they are still in but feel rocky and you would like to prevent them from falling out so I guess the best idea would be to call your practice, explain your worries and tell them you are having an interview. They might be able to get you in and get the crowns fixed.

All the best wishes and keep us posted

Thanks. So I just woke up and they are in fact loose and can come off. I realize that the impressions took them off and they were jolted loose but I’m just so upset in general about getting them all crowned..and to come off before the interview is just super upsetting too.

It sounds like you are generally not in the happiest state right now which makes any additional problems harder to deal with. May you feel better soon and I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get the temps fixed and also for your interview to go well.

Thank you enarete. This has been such a challenge to get through. The hardest part is over and it should be getting easier every time I go though. Next step is permanents on my front 6 and bottom 6. That will feel so good. And then impressions on one side and then finals on that side. Then impressions for the other side and then finals on that side. I’m hoping by Christmas!

Back