• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help please with serious question

B

buzzer

I have had braces, two of my teeth on the front never developed, the teeth next to the two front ones. As such I had implants done, the screw in type. Well they look horrible, and I am looking for a new dentist. The main problem is I live in a place that did only had one person around me that worked on my type of braces. Now that my braces are off I am extremely dissatisfied, and my dentist has a don't care attitude so I am looking for another one.

If I wanted my screw on implants redone is this something any dentist could do? I also have a slight gap in my front teeth, its not from them not being tight together but just the way it angles at the bottom, is this something they could feel in? Is this something any dentist could do.

If anyone is willing to pm and help me find a good dentist in my area I would appreciate it, its so hard because there is literally tons of dentists around and everyone says "well I can book you in a few weeks and check" but I am a low middle class family so I cannot spend 200 bucks every couple of weeks for a check.

I don't mind spending money but not blatantly throwing it away because I realise this is my oral health. This is hard to deal with also because I am young and have been made fun of for it.

I appreciate your response and yes you are correct the hard part was the oral surgeon thing, my actual dentist made these in like ten minutes.

Is composite resin pretty sturdy like it wont come off in a week?

My main problem is he did not match the color when he made my fake teeth to match my other teeth's color, my teeth are not yellow I consider them to be healthy but my implants are litterally, um pure white which is off from my other teeth. They look weird, they are actually blue towards the top.

I am writing notes though, I have an appointment with a different dentist in a week and three days. I will tell him this stuff, I just feel like this new dentist is ruining my mouth.

Composite resin is quite strong, and it can last for a long time. It does depend on the area that it is placed, the size of the restoraton and the stresses exerted on it though.

You might want to find someone well experienced in dental implants and esthetic restorative work to get your current crowns replaced. Not all dentists deal with dental implants, and even with the ones that do, it's best to find somebody who has a good track record with them and lots of experience.

If I understand correctly, you are unhappy about the actual crowns (fake teeth) on the implants, and not the actual implants in the bone. My knowledge is that crowns on implants can be replaced more or less in the same way normal crowns are replaced.

You are right, there is no reason why there should be such a big difference in the colour of the crowns compared to your natural teeth.
I think the blue towards the top of your teeth may come from the actual post (not sure about the correct term) which is screwed on the implant in the bone and holding the crown.
This post can also be made of zirconium (more expensive) rather than metal, which is preferred in the case of implants/crowns on the front teeth, to exclude the possibility of the metal showing through a procelain crown.

Like it was already suggested, the best is to try and find an experienced dentist in implants and who understands your valid concern with esthetics - it may take a little time and effort, but the good ones do exist as well!

If I understand correctly, you are unhappy about the actual crowns (fake teeth) on the implants, and not the actual implants in the bone. My knowledge is that crowns on implants can be replaced more or less in the same way normal crowns are replaced.

You are right, there is no reason why there should be such a big difference in the colour of the crowns compared to your natural teeth.
I think the blue towards the top of your teeth may come from the actual post (not sure about the correct term) which is screwed on the implant in the bone and holding the crown.
This post can also be made of zirconium (more expensive) rather than metal, which is preferred in the case of implants/crowns on the front teeth, to exclude the possibility of the metal showing through a procelain crown.

Like it was already suggested, the best is to try and find an experienced dentist in implants and who understands your valid concern with esthetics - it may take a little time and effort, but the good ones do exist as well!

Thank you so much, I am writing down notes, I wish I could find a dentist like you. You sound like you know what you are talking about. I have a visit at three today to talk about this wish me luck. It seems my other dentist does not want to do anything about it.

I was told by another dentist I was overcharged,

To make my actual crowns for these two teeth was 2500 from my previous dentist does that sound like I overpaid? This dentist I was reccomended to through a friend, said he had four of his done for a grand. But he just had worn down front teeth and had crowns put over them, not actual tooth replacement like mine.

Back