• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

help with dentures making me gag

P

porky65

hi all, i remember going to the dentist when i was a kid only once, so when i was 16 i went alone, had 2 back teeth out with 4 injections (which i hate), my gums bled for about 3 days :( found out later the dentist got closed down cus he was a butcher). i am a total dentophobic but i had two teeth with holes in & went to another dentist when i ws 30, got 1 tooth out, had mercury fillings replced with white ones all sorted ......until the annual checkup came thrugh..couldn't do it :( Anyway i had to go to dentist in jan 2012 (47 now) as i'd had an abcess for about a year & was in soo much pain, turned out i had to have my 2 front teeth out, it didn't bother me at the time cos i hated them anyway but i hate the dentures, they make me gag all the time, they spend more time in my pocket than my mouth. can someone plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me??????

Last edited:
Okay.................
One denture or both?
I assume it is the top so
1. does it fit with good retention?
2. It may be too far back on your soft palate(over extended)
3. Are you a gagger in general?

thanx for replying, just the top one, i think it's too loose and yes even brushing my teeth makes me gag

Back