• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Help with front tooth pain scared

E

EllieJane44

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help . About 3 weeks ago I chipped a small bit of my front tooth eating a cough sweet . Dentist fixed it with bonding . A week later the fix came off my fault so it was put on again. No pain either times . However a week later the same tooth has been come painful but at where the gum meets the tooth . It is constant pain all day like a strange feeling . It kinda like a sensitive feeling but achy too . I tried putting hot and cold on it to see if that makes it worse . I am terrified it has damaged the root and I need root canal on my front tooth or worse . So scared .
Last night I put cordodyl on it but it just burned . At a loss of what to do and getting in a panic as too scared to phone dentist in case it root canal . I have had no bother at all with this tooth before and the chip was small corner not a major trauma at all .
anyone help
Thx
Ellie

It's possible that the new bonded bit is a bit high and you're hitting this tooth harder than the rest when you bite. Let your dentist have another look at it. It's an easy fix.

Don't put it off, the sooner it's fixed the better. It won't need a root canal.

Thanks for replying . I hope it is that so much but it does not look any longer . Today it feels like someone pushing a lot of pressure on bottom of my tooth right up into my gum and my gum aching .
Any suggestions what to put to ease it as it quite sore. I bought genigel gel for gum.
If I put cold or hot on it there is no chance to pain at all so don’t think it sensitive pain
Ellie

Thanks for replying . I hope it is that so much but it does not look any longer . Today it feels like someone pushing a lot of pressure on bottom of my tooth right up into my gum and my gum aching .
Any suggestions what to put to ease it as it quite sore. I bought genigel gel for gum.
If I put cold or hot on it there is no chance to pain at all so don’t think it sensitive pain
Ellie
I am not a dentist, but just wanted to ask about your statement that putting hot or cold on it didn’t change the pain. Did it hurt at all with cold or heat applied?

Doesn't matter what it looks like, it's what it's doing that matters. Your description sounds exactly like a high bite, the only way to fix it is to get yourself to your dentist. Honestly, it's an easy, painless fix, there's absolutely nothing to be scared of.

Back