• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Here I go

O

Overitall

Background on me, 48 yo female. I have not been to a dentist in over 30 years, due to severe fear and financial issues for part of that time frame. I am absolutely terrified of dental offices, to the point I end up in bathroom with issues just thinking about needing to see a dentist. My teeth are pretty bad as I have horrible oral health care habits (also have depression/anxiety issues). I have build up on my teeth, bleeding swollen gums, 3 wisdom teeth in at an angle. 1 wisdom tooth has broken to gumline, as well as 4 other molars. I have FINALLY decided enough is enough and I need to do something about my situation! I have my first appointment, a consultation on 22 Dec. I am scared, nervous, but also ready to fix these issues. I am absolutely terrified of the idea of root canals, etc, but amazingly have somewhat prepared myself for possible need for dentures. Thank you to everyone who posts on here, as I know I will be visiting frequently as the appointment time nears. Then moreso once I get a treatment plan in place!!

Good luck!!

I was terrified of root canals too but then recently had my first one and it wasnt bad at all. Its just like a cavity filling but takes a teeny bit longer!

Back