• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Here we go again

A

Angiemc00

Got to go back to dentist tuesday & have a side filling, also a old filling removed due to pain & refilled.

have had such a bad experience having a tooth extracted & dry socket a few months ago i'm now dreading it.

i suffer with panic attacks badly & dont no if i can do this :shame:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know it's scary, but you can get through it. :XXLhug:

you can do it - it's normal to be afraid, and you are doing well in managing that fear well enough to have been able to make the appt - sure you can do the rest - hope it goes better than you think :XXLhug:

Hi I had a side filling a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how easy it was, much less drilling than a filling we are used to. Because my tooth has no nerve in it I wasn't even numbed and I thought it would make my gum sore. It didn't and I never felt anything my dentist did say to me to think of it as a cleaning and if I felt anything or was worried she would numb the gums for me. I didn't need it at all. I had no after effects either.

Having the old filling removed and re done should be fine too, you will be numbed and if you do feel anything at all let them know so that they can make sure you are comfortable, just ask them to test the tooth before they start if you aren't sure if you are numb.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover:

Thankyou everybody x :)

I really hope your appointment goes ok but I know it will you won't feel anything and your dentist will make sure your ok :) best wishes and we are all here for you with a massive cyber hug you can do this :)

All over & done with thankgod, abit sore from injections :cry: & fillings but i survived :);):)