• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Here we go again

Thanks "Lets". I haven't taken another antibiotic pill yet. I wanted to make sure the last was out of my system. I will try again this morning, and if I get sick I will call the dentist. The wierd thing is I took these after my last extraction, when I got an infection and I did not get sick until the last dose.

I woke up several times last night, because I was clenching my jaw (once I woke up with tears running down my face). The pressure/pain in that tooth was unbelievable :cry:. My jaw really hurts today, I am sure it is a combination of the procedure, the clenching, getting sick, and my TMJ acting up. If I do have to call for a different antibiotic, I may see if I can get some flexoril to help my jaw relax when I sleep. I really do not want to have to call the dentist office, because I have always had bad experiences with his receptionists. Wish me luck :confused:

How are you doing now :confused:? You could look into getting a nightguard made - having one of those would probably be really worth it for your TMJ/clenching and would save you a lot of costs for treatment in the long run.

Anyway - I hope you're feeling a whole lot better this weekend :thumbsup:...

Thanks Lets. Well I have been able to stomach the antibiotic as long as I have plenty of water nearby. As for the tooth, it is kind of wierd. I am fine during the day some pain (comes & goes) and then around 7:00pm I get constant pain. I am still waking up at night (2 or 3 times) when I get up in the morning, I take a tylenol and I am ok until nightime again when the pain starts up and tylenol does not help. It is really strange. I do not from my medical background that pain does tend to be worse at night, due to the fact that you ususally can't reach the doctor. I always say if it is bad tomarrow I will call, but it seems to let up until the following night. Maybe this is normal, not sure.