• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

High Blood Pressure

N

NETWizz

I always have high blood pressure at the dentist. Lately it has been 170 over 120.

What can I do about it? I think it is high all the time anyway but not that high. I don’t consciously fear the dentist anymore but maybe I do subconsciously. I am thinking about seeing my physician to see if my blood pressure can be addressed.

Your dentist should have told you what to do ... I'm guessing you didn't experience any other associated symptoms of target organ damage such as chest pain, shortness of breath, back pain, numbness/weakness, change in vision, or difficulty speaking?

Yes, please see your physician. You might want to get your blood pressure measured out of the physician's office before seeing them, to see what type of measurements you get out of a medical setting.

Saw my doctor and he referred me to a cardiologist. Anyway, I don’t like taking meds but agreed to take 5mg of Lisinopril and monitor for two weeks and if it doesn’t mess me up or correct enough to step up to 10mg.

Back