• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

High Filling and Tooth Zaps

M

mmd08

I went to the Dentist about five days ago and had two of my amalgam fillings replaced with composite fillings on my two upper bicuspids(I think, I'm not too tooth savvy). The first tooth was hurting previously when I slid my finger nail across the center of it, I got a zap. And now, it's doing the same thing. I am very afraid now of going back to the dentist to have the composite filling filed down some because it's slightly too high and getting a bit uncomfortable. I told them before that I was getting a zap, they didn't seem concerned which frustrated me. Especially now that it's still doing it without an amalgam filling. So, what should I do? Leave the high filling as is. Or go back and maybe get painfully zapped getting it filed down? :( I have very sensitive teeth, excessive Novocaine always needs to be used on me because I don't numb easily, I had braces for an unnecessary 5 years, I've had tons of cavities my whole life. And this past time I got a hematoma in my cheek from the shot... so needless to say, I hate going to the dentist, but I'm a pretty great patient. I would like some advice. And is this "zap" thing a bigger issue? Thanks.

The filling needs an adjustment it won't take long and it really shouldn't hurt a bit. Needs to get done though!

Back