• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hole in between front bottom teeth?

A

Anxiety Riddled

I have no pain, just discomfort in my two front bottom teeth. I unfortunately let plaque build up in the spot because it’s become very sensitive and uncomfortable when I try to remove it. By discomfort I mean it feels loose (but I don’t think it truly is.. I think my mind is just telling me that). I’m very hyper focused when it comes to my teeth due to my anxiety. To me it looks like a hole. It’s a dark spot between the teeth in the middle. I haven’t been to the dentist in years and I’m terrified. What could this be? I’m assuming probably a cavity. What is usually done to fix this type of issue?

It's unusual to get cavities in that area, because those teeth are pretty constantly soaked in saliva. It's more likely a build up of calculus (tartar). If it's a cavity then it'll need filled and if it's calculus it needs removing.

Thank you for your response. Just a follow up question, can tartar build up cause the teeth to be sensitive to the touch?

Yes, quite possibly. A photo would be helpful if you want a better answer.

Back