• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Horizontal root fracture

C

Cici1986

After a year of being in pain. Going back and forth to many dentists. Developing the worst anxiety due to doing so many treatments. A mid horizontal root fracture has been spotted on one of my roots ( molar). Regards to pain, at times it’s a 4 then it’s so extreme I can’t mentally cope. Always been reactive to cold air, hot drinks and sugar but feels like pain from the jaw bone not tooth. I can feel the root moving under the tooth also. I never had so much pain on bite which seems to confuse dentists (only moving side to side). No sign of infection on x ray either. My teeth are also shifting away from this tooth and moving forward which are sore. I feel dentists are reluctant to extract this tooth (I’ve had a root canal on this tooth already). I feel they just want to monitor me. I’m very down. Would a cracked/fractured tooth root not cause much pain?

Thank you for your help

Unusual place to get a root fracture. Pain is very individual, if it's causing you that much distress then the tooth probably needs to be gone. Sorry.

Back