• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Horizontally Impacted Wisdom Teeth

U

user125

2 Years ago I decided I should go to a dentist to see if my wisdom teeth needed to come out. I mistook jaw pain that the dentist felt was tmj for pain caused by the wisdom teeth. So he took an x-ray and told me my wisdom teeth are horizontally impacted but that they're wrapped around in my nerves. So he told me the risks and I was about to go for it anyway. but then he said "Listen, if it were my son in here and i saw this xray, i'd tell him not to take it out" and that's what stopped me from getting them removed. I was 24 at the time and he said, its not gonna grow out any more so unless you have pain or swelling don't take the risks and take it out.
So i didn't... Now people are telling me that there are risks in leaving horizontally impacted wisdom teeth in my gums.. and now i wonder if I should reconsider and take them out. What to do???

Get regular x-rays taken about once a year, if there's a problem shows up on the films, have them out, if not, leave them alone.

Back