• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hormones and teeth sensitivity

Susanne

Susanne

Question for the ladies. Have any of you experienced tooth and/or gum sensitivity right before your menstrual period is supposed to start? I'm wondering if this is a fairly common occurrence or if I am the only one. I would guess hormones would have something to do with it, but I don't know. I also just received the first dose of the Covid vaccine a couple of days go and am wondering if perhaps that has made my teeth feel more sensitive.

My teeth hurt after my first Covid vaccine, too! In fact, aside from the sore arm, it was my only side effect. I wasn’t sure if it was a coincidence or an actual side effect though. I don’t think I’ve experienced sensitivity with my cycle. Ouch!

I have it each month. I have atypical facial pain and every month, about a week before my cycle starts, it usually flares up for several days. Even though I expect it now, it still causes some panic each time.

@Susanne hey, yes I have noticed definite increase around the time off the month. Mines gets worse just before and during. Currently on at the minute abd there is increased gum sensitivity as well as bleeding. Plus my tmjd is affecting the right side of my face at the min also when it normally only affects the left. Not sure if that's just coincidence though or if I'm clenching more at night which is setting off the tmjd. @MountainMama I know that feeling of panic all too well!!

Back