• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How dental coverage works in different countries

I just wanted to point out that I'm in Canada, and have only once heard of someone here having the coverage described by the OP. I'm not a spring chicken, and for the last 40 or so years have had experience with about 10 plans through my own workplace and those of my parents, spouse and children (when they were old enough to have their own). 80-100% coverage is definitely the norm, but with all of the plans we have had ourselves, the coverage was only 50% for things like root canals and crowns and many didn't cover even one red cent for implant work. And anyone I've ever known, including friends and neighbours, has had the same. Only once, did anyone I know have coverage for everything, and all at 100%.

I’m also in Canada and would say I agree with LittleLynnie’s picture of insurance in Canada. Also, a good amount of those who work have insurance, but it’s not everyone. You also have to take into account that you have annual maximums and they cover only a certain amount of work (example: a cleaning every 9 months).

I’m lucky that my insurance started covering implants this year, but this means I’ve reached the annual maximum. For several years I had no dental insurance, so I certainly appreciate the coverage I now have.

What a great page Letsconnect and FearfulinMA.. ! This is awesome..

Back