• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How did you pay

Mikey Boy

Mikey Boy

If this isn’t allowed I understand but I’m curious how did you pay for you’re dental work I myself plan on taking out my 401k and paying that back at a 3% interest but I’m just wondering did you take out a loan did you pay it off through care credit please Id love to know

I used care credit for 1/2 and cash for the rest.

I had money from an inheritance. Luckily I know the person would be thrilled I was using it this way. Truly blessed

Good question.. unfortunately even though I'm blessed to have insurance they don't pay alot 1500 a year for me doesn't cover alot.. need alot of work but thankful to have what I do.. the rest is cash which is hard to come by for all the dental cost.

Now, for those in the US there is a great option willing to possibly travel, they have in many states mission for mercy where dentists give of their time and materials for 2 days in cities free. you can go and get, fillings, root canals, partial dentures, xrays, cleaning for free.. no questions asked.. just have to wait in line.. sometimes for several hours.. but many families got thosands of dollars of dental work done. google mission for mercy and your state and you just might find an option for free dental care. MN is having one in July.

Good question.. unfortunately even though I'm blessed to have insurance they don't pay alot 1500 a year for me doesn't cover alot.. need alot of work but thankful to have what I do.. the rest is cash which is hard to come by for all the dental cost.

Now, for those in the US there is a great option willing to possibly travel, they have in many states mission for mercy where dentists give of their time and materials for 2 days in cities free. you can go and get, fillings, root canals, partial dentures, xrays, cleaning for free.. no questions asked.. just have to wait in line.. sometimes for several hours.. but many families got thosands of dollars of dental work done. google mission for mercy and your state and you just might find an option for free dental care. MN is having one in July.
I thought about doing that but my fear is so bad that I have a hard time trusting dentist and the one I have now is the only one I trust so and plus I already have the money lined up now so

I have insurance but it doesn’t cover much. It pays half of some work, up to $1500. The rest I have had to put on credit card and pay back as we can. We do have an HSA account and we put as much as we can in that, and use it since it is pre-tax money.

Back