• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How difficult is is to Extract broken molars

K

kstar

Hi Everyone,
Tomorrow I have a consult with the oral sugeon about my extractions.
How difficult will it be to extract my two bottom molars broken to the gum line?
Has anyone had this done,what can I expect?

I also mentioned before that my one molar has a lump inside of it. My dental hygentist said it was weird... :scared: shes supposed to tell me she has seen this before...starting to freak out. She seems to think my molar is so decayed that my gum is seaping throgh the hole. Has anyone experienced this??? I am going to ask the surgeon tomorrow.

Any replies are greatly appreciated :innocent:

Can't give you any answers I'm afraid, but just wanted to wish you well for your appointment tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be OK and look forward to hearing more about this gum seeping through hole business. Sounds weird.

Thanks for your support scaredstiff :XXLhug:

From what im told, it depends on the fracture. I had a broken molar removed a few years ago, and it was half gone, so they had to cut it into pieces to get it out, but, it dident hurt.

We've gone over this so many times. Must make it a FAQ ;D

Getting broken roots out is easier than taking out the whole tooth, the crown part just gets in the way. The small lump inside is just some chronic infection forget about it, it'll go when the tooth goes. :cheers:

Back