• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

How do you clean your teeth?

J

jadon77

I use a soft manual brush by Nimbus (the compact size). This brush is the softed brush I ever use. It can only be purchase online as no stores carry them. I use a water flosser after I brush, then dental floss. The reason I use dental floss last is because I feel once I brush and water flossed, it would clean the majority of the debris and flossing would clean out the rest, instead of pushing more debris in between my gums if do this step first. Then I finished with a mouth rinse, such as Listerine. I use a salt water rinse once per week to help my gums heal whatever irritates it. Can't do it everyday as salt is abrasive to enamel.

F

frostgirl

1) I floss first with either normal floss or a floss pick if I'm feeling lazy or tired. Then I brush my teeth with my Oral B electric toothbrush, and then use a tongue cleaner to clean my tongue. I do keep a soft manual toothbrush (Curaprox Ultra Soft 5460 - Best soft toothbrush I've ever used) around for the nights where I fall asleep and wake up at 3am and need to brush my teeth.

2) It takes me about 10 minutes overall. About 5 minutes to floss, 2-3 minutes to brush, and like 30 seconds to clean my tongue.

3) Twice a day, everyday. Sometimes I brush after lunch as well (I wait an hour before I brush though) if I feel like it and I'm at home. Though on a morning I only brush and clean my tongue.