• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How express what I felt?pls read?

F

Fati96

Hi guys,
Hope you are fine.
Pls read my thread and help me?
I have a question, at dentistry when your dental work is finished , how do you thank your dentist about his nice work?
What do you say? For example if you didn't feel any pain, do you say that to him?How do you say that?
I don't mean sending THANK YOU CARDS here, I mean right after finishing your work how do you thank your dentist?
Pls tell me every sentence you may say.

I think I have a mental issue related to my anxiety, after my dental work is done I feel too tired and fatigue everytime, in a way that I can't communicate correctly and I'd rather keep quiet?
Last time(last tuesday) I went to dentistry, I got a filling and I really didn't feel anything , injection or pain etc. It was great. he was so patient to me,
But I didn't tell my dentist how good It was , I didn't thank him in right way and now I feel so bad?
I didn't thank him for his job?I mean I didn't state how I felt, I just said regular THANK YOU SO MUCH and came out.
Is there anyone like me????
I feel so bad.

This time I wanna thank him correctly but I really don't know what to say???????????
Pls help me what do you say?
How you express your feeling right after dental work is finished?
Thanks?

Hi there,

This is really interesting and it definitely resonates with me. I’m the same even when I’m so greatful for how great my dentist has been, but my fear of dentist has me wanting to run out the room as quick as I can and not look back. Hence not much time for the best thank yous. ?

I suppose in a way I feel like the fact despite my phobia and the mess I can get into, my dentist knows I always come back to him out of choice and I suppose in some way I feel that shows him I’m grateful and comfortable with him as he’s doing a great job.

But I often take someone with me for treatment. Who also thanks then and often points out. “See it didn’t hurt did it?” Or “it wasn’t as bad as you thought” etc. Pointing out that the experience was okay.

I feel like maybe the next time you see them say I know I didn’t express it last time I was here. But thank you so much for being so patient with me and it didn’t hurt etc. Let them know.

In the moment I suppose I would like to say something along the lines of what you said about. “Thank you, I was so worried it would hurt but it didn’t and I’m so greatfuk that you were so kind and patient in helping me though this”

Hi there,

This is really interesting and it definitely resonates with me. I’m the same even when I’m so greatful for how great my dentist has been, but my fear of dentist has me wanting to run out the room as quick as I can and not look back. Hence not much time for the best thank yous. ?

I suppose in a way I feel like the fact despite my phobia and the mess I can get into, my dentist knows I always come back to him out of choice and I suppose in some way I feel that shows him I’m grateful and comfortable with him as he’s doing a great job.

But I often take someone with me for treatment. Who also thanks then and often points out. “See it didn’t hurt did it?” Or “it wasn’t as bad as you thought” etc. Pointing out that the experience was okay.

I feel like maybe the next time you see them say I know I didn’t express it last time I was here. But thank you so much for being so patient with me and it didn’t hurt etc. Let them know.

In the moment I suppose I would like to say something along the lines of what you said about. “Thank you, I was so worried it would hurt but it didn’t and I’m so greatfuk that you were so kind and patient in helping me though this”
Dear Molar_bear thank you so much for your comment and helpful words.
I'll do it this time, I'll try to tell even a short sentence?
I'm always afriad if they think I'm impolite.
Anyway I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone, you know that's the best feeling.
Thanks

OMG I'm the same!!! Two years ago when I finally got my tooth pulled (it was the WORST tooth pain I ever had and it was infected), I literally wanted to cry and hug the dentist, but I was just too shy and still dealing with my dental anxiety at that point! I haven't seen her since she needed to refer me somewhere else for my wisdom teeth and root canal, but it was thanks to her I was ever able to face my fears. I still think about her and even had thoughts of just showing up and saying thank you, even though she probably won't even remember me ? I think you just have a kind heart and your dentist recognizing you trusted THEM to take care of you gets the message across! I wouldn't feel bad about it, I'm sure your dentist is proud you are facing your fears and trusting them to help you on your journey :XXLhug:

Dear Molar_bear thank you so much for your comment and helpful words.
I'll do it this time, I'll try to tell even a short sentence?
I'm always afriad if they think I'm impolite.
Anyway I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone, you know that's the best feeling.
Thanks

You are most definitely not alone! Many of us are all in this together facing a similar battle and worries. and honestly I’m sure they understand and don’t see you as being impolite but pick up on that you are nervous.

OMG I'm the same!!! Two years ago when I finally got my tooth pulled (it was the WORST tooth pain I ever had and it was infected), I literally wanted to cry and hug the dentist, but I was just too shy and still dealing with my dental anxiety at that point! I haven't seen her since she needed to refer me somewhere else for my wisdom teeth and root canal, but it was thanks to her I was ever able to face my fears. I still think about her and even had thoughts of just showing up and saying thank you, even though she probably won't even remember me ? I think you just have a kind heart and your dentist recognizing you trusted THEM to take care of you gets the message across! I wouldn't feel bad about it, I'm sure your dentist is proud you are facing your fears and trusting them to help you on your journey :XXLhug:

That's really the worst feeling that remains in my mind for months and I overthink about it???
Thank you so much for your kind wirds, I really feel better now?

Back