• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How likely is this to be another tooth dying?

M

MountainMama

The past two years, I have been extremely unlucky. As soon as one tooth starts to get fixed another one has problems. I just got my implant put in on my lower left first molar.
Yesterday, I was drinking hot tea. My bottom front teeth became very sensitive afterwards. Then my lower front teeth on the left started hurting. I can’t tell for sure if it is the central or lateral incisor, but it feels like the central one. There is a constant ache that has sharp twinges. It hurt overnight but didn’t wake me up, just hurt when I woke up at night. The lateral incisor is chipped. I have no idea when it happened. It has looked like that as long as I can remember but has never hurt.
It is fairly constant pain. I am currently on a second round of antibiotics due to the implant hurting last week. My bite is also off. There is so much going on that I am not sure to trust the pain. I have atypical facial pain but it is almost exclusively on the right side....never been on the bottom left before. I did put sensitive toothpaste on it last night but it didn’t seem to help.
My oral surgeon called yesterday to check on the implant and wants to see me Monday again. I don’t know if it would be appropriate to ask him about this tooth or if I should call my dentist instead. Or just wait and see if it gets worse. Of course it has to be the weekend. ?

Last edited:
How did the visit go yesterday?

Just checking in, Mountain Mama!

Sorry, I forgot to update! The periodontist/surgeon put me back on antibiotics, but augmentin this time. He said the implant looked good but possibly could have some infection around it that didn’t show on X-ray. Now, I am off the second round of antibiotics and it hasn’t been hurting. So that is all good!
Still have pain in lateral incisor here and there but think it is due to bite being off. I have noticed that my night guard hits my front bottom teeth when I clench at night. I have woken up doing it. It still feels pretty awful. When it gets going, it feels like a needle is being pushed through my tooth into my jaw. That is the only way I can describe it.

So hoping it calms down. You deserve to have things just calm down already. And I know the worry is almost the worst part of it all.

Back