How long after wisdom tooth extraction were you in pain?

M

Mars

I have heard some people have no pain, most have it for 2-3 days, some for longer, and some as long as weeks to a month or longer depending on severity.
I also have heard conflicting info on how soon you can eat solids. 3 days to a week to 3-4 weeks.
Not sure what to think. I am drinking smoothies and the occasional mashed potatoes and cottage cheese. Day 4 and I have pain only on the side where they cut and stitched. Soreness in the jaw. And migraine pain in that side of the head and jaw that comes and goes. When it goes I think i can handle it. When it comes back...
I switched from Vicodin to Ibuprofun because Vicodin was just making me sleepy, drowsy, dizzy- no pain relief. The Dr said that's normal and they prescribe it to make you sleep through the pain. I may take another half just to sleep through the migraine/jaw:shame: pain.

M

MirandaPanda

I'm sorry to hear that you are in so much pain. Was it a top or bottom wisdom tooth that was extracted? For myself the top ones were a breeze but I suffered for a while with the bottom ones (pain was much worse). I'd stick with the soft foods until the pain subsides..make sure the foods you are eating are rich in nutrients...maybe take a multivitamin as well. Try to take it easy and don't do any exercising or heavy lifting (I forgot this part when I had mine out) You need the rest to heal up. I think I used an ice pack on my face which soothed the pain a bit and gargled salt water. As long as you are feeling a little bit better each day you should be fine. If things get worse give your dentist a call. Hope you feel better soon!!!! :clover:;)