• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long before you were pain free after wisdom teeth extraction?

A

applebees

Hi,

Just wanted to check how long before you guys were pain free after having your wisdom teeth extracted? I’m still having some pain 11 days after though it is manageable. I’m not taking any pain meds right now. I know everyone’s healing time is different just wanted to get an idea of how other’s are doing. Thanks.

Hi,
I had pain/tenderness for I think 3 weeks or so but it seemed like other friends of mine bounced back more quickly. I think it makes a difference with how impacted they were (all of mine were impacted).

Hi,
I had pain/tenderness for I think 3 weeks or so but it seemed like other friends of mine bounced back more quickly. I think it makes a difference with how impacted they were (all of mine were impacted).

Thanks for the response Kitkat! I’m just a bit nervous if it was still normal to have pain and slight swelling almost 2 weeks post op.

Hi there, if you are not sure whether everything is ok, then the best idea is to have it checked, just to gain some peace of mind. Your dentist probably needs just a quick look to tell you everything is ok. As you said, everyone is different..

Hi there, if you are not sure whether everything is ok, then the best idea is to have it checked, just to gain some peace of mind. Your dentist probably needs just a quick look to tell you everything is ok. As you said, everyone is different..

Thanks Enarete, will do. They are closed on the weekend, will wait till Monday to give them a call.

Hope you’re doing ok?

Hi Dingle,

My pain has improved 3 weeks post op but there’s still some soreness and discomfort on the impacted side but not to the point where I need to take pain meds. It’s just worse after chewing or talking a lot but still manageable. Went back to my surgeon last week and he said there was no more infection but my recovery might take a bit longer than others because of my “age” I'm 34 now.

At 9 days I think I still had some pain but the swelling has drastically gone down. Best to have your surgeon check you just to rule out any infection. All the best.

I had weird pain for about six months. Particularly when biting into refrigerated strawberries I would sometimes feel it in my jaw even though it was nowhere near the site. It was mild and eventually totally went away.

0 days 0 hours 0 minutes and 0 seconds when I some what came to, I had no pain!

Back