• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long did your composite resin fillings last?

N

Needadvice89

Hi guys, sorry that I am asking so many questions! I am worried sick since finding out I have cavities after 25+ years of never having them! I was wondering how long your composite fillings have lasted/ are lasting. I was told mine would last only a few years so I am worried. Thanks!

One just broke after 8yrs and my other one of 8 yrs I think is on its way out! But yet we’re on molars so they would prob last longer on other teeth

I have only had one resin filling, (rest are amalgam), but the dentist told me they should last 5 to 8 years with good dental hygiene.

Thank you for your response!

How long they last depends on a lot of things, as where exactly the filling is, how big is it, how good you take care of it, do you grind etc. In my practice they say they last - with the proper dental hygiene - 10 to 15 years. I had some fillings done 10 years ago and they are still ok.

I had mine in primary school and now I'm in college so I've had mine for at least 8 years, none of them came out, however there's slight discoloration in some areas, other than that they feel fine.

Back