• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long do I have

K

Katie7730

I was told I need 2 fillings at the end of January. I wanted to change dentist practice because I wasn’t happy with the service at the one where I was going.
I booked another private dentist probably about a month ago for a check upon 28 April.
I’m struggling a bit financially so I had added myself to a number of nhs waiting lists and one came through offering me a check up on 17 June.
meanwhile one of the teeth has started to bother me a bit.
I’m wondering if I can wait until 17 June for this or should I get it taken care of at the private dentist end of April.
The difference is £60 for check up and probably around £120-150 per filling. I’m not working so i qualify for free nhs care but I’ve never been able to get a place where I am as I live in a city centre.
I don’t want this to progress into a root canal

Hi Katie7730,

not a dentist so can’t answer your question, but thought that may be a good read for the meantime. It’s about how to prevent tooth decay from getting worse:

Hi Katie7730,

not a dentist so can’t answer your question, but thought that may be a good read for the meantime. It’s about how to prevent tooth decay from getting worse:

This isn’t my original post but I find this information really helpful! Thank you, Enarete! ? I’m hoping/praying I can hold off on getting any fillings until after January 1st, as I will be paying entirely out of pocket. I’ll ask my dentist at my visit next week.?

Could any dentist please advise me :) thank you

Sorry, it's not possible to answer your question given the information available.

Back