• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long does Valium stay in your system ?

I

Issy

I took 10mg Valium yesterday afternoon. And i'm still feeling a bit odd :(

Mum doesn't want me driving today. But surely by now i'll be ok driving ?

Basically how long will it be in my system for ?

Issy...Valium can take quite a while to completely leave your system. It really depends how quickly you metabolize the product. It usually takes a few days to be completely out of your system. If you still feel a bit woosy from it I would say do not drive...at least until you are feeling normal again. As Valium is a "true muscle relaxant" it would make your reflexes slower. Why take the chance.

Basically what I am saying is "better to be safe than sorry. Don't drive until you are feeling 100% over the medication."

Now you know Issy why we all advised you to take someone with you. Valium affects people differently and obviously as it is the first time you've had it the effect will be more pronounced than possibly next time. When I first took in as trial ready for the big day, I didn't feel too different, but I knew by my sister's comments that my reactions and reflexes were slower than usual and I was driving erratically. You should be OK by the second day.

Typically they tell you not to drive or operate heavy machinery for at least 24-48 hours after any sort of sedation. This would include Valium.

freakout said:
Typically they tell you not to drive or operate heavy machinery for at least 24-48 hours after any sort of sedation.  This would include Valium.
So i'll be OK driving tomorrow ?

If its 48 hours you should be OK but obviously you're not tearing down a motorway at 100 miles an hour. I hope. But only you can tell how you will feel.

I agree with SS, you have to see how you feel tomarrow. Everyone metabolizes things at different rates. Only you can tell what your body is feeling :(

I'm feeling absolutely exhausted atm - So obviously the Valium is still affecting me.
feel like i'm gonna fall asleep - although i haven't done anything today & slept for 12 hours solidly last night :(

I'd take another nap if I were you

(and I wish I WERE you.. I got woken up by the chainsaw AKA my husband at 3am... was awake till 430am... :mad: I need sleep - sleep for me :grouphug:

Also why did my Legs feel like heavy weights ? I really struggled to lift them off the floor - let alone walk !

Is that normal ?

Perfectly normal. Your body is telling you it still needs some rest ;)

My legs are still feeling heavy :confused:

I think the answer is sleep!...like during my 4th period class after lunch. It tends to create problems but im sure you can just sleep the valium off. :cheers:

issy try to stop worrying :grouphug:

harper said:
issy try to stop worrying :grouphug:
Just can't stop worrying. Needles to say i'm starting to feel nervous about Appointment on Tuesday  :(

Awww... I was hoping you wouldent get nervous this time :grouphug: But anyway what are you getting done this time.... i tend to forget things alot. :party:

you will you have to give it time. it took me a while as i said via pm but you will get there :grouphug:

wow they must drug you up like a rock concert at your dentist! :cheers:

Ray

greythorn3 said:
wow they must drug you up like a rock concert at your dentist! :cheers:

Ray
They had too ! Else i was unable to get any Treatment done !

Back