• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long should it bleed?

W

wisdomtootheek

Hi yall, I had wisdom tooth #32 bottom right removed, it has been a little over 48 hours. It stopped bleeding for awhile, and just today started oozing blood again. I know the healing greyish/white tissues have started to cover it... It was sutured, so should it still be bleeding a bit? my swelling has already gone down some, and I am not having horrible pain, just pressure. Also, should it feel like i'm biting mu cheek? thanks.

Wisdomotheek

How are you doing today? HOpe things have calmed down and you are feeling alot better and not having the biting your cheek feeling.!

Hi wisdomtootheek,

if you take a look around there should be some threads about how long a bleeding can last, trying to remember what I had read here it's very individual thing, 48 hours sound ok. Also a lot of the bleeding you see will just be saliva with a bit of blood so don't worry. As usually, if you wish to know it exactly, give your practice a call, they should be used to answer this type of questions on the phone.

All the best wishes

Back