• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long since you last saw a dentist?

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
I spotted this poll on a foreign-language dental phobia message board and it proved exceedingly popular... Vote now!

16 year was my longest then its been 2 and 3 yrs.

I would say we are doing pretty darn good for a bunch of dental phobics! :cheers:

Untill last year, I had not been to a dentist in 22 years :scared: I had 4 teeth removed and didnt go back to have a few fillings done..............oh to turn the clock back!!!

My last visit was last week, but up until then every dreaded six months except from when i was 18 - 21 because i didn't have an NHS dentist so i didn't go at all.

At 21 i found a brilliant dentist who took me on privately and now i go every six months.

When I found my current dentist, I was delighted I promised myself to go there every six months. well.. you see.. It's been more then eight months now. But that's not too bad!:)

Maybe a better question would be ,  How long since you had dental *work* done.
I've been in two chairs in forty years but haven't gotten past the panic and run, yet.

Yesterday I took gas and numbing gell and really tried, but there was no way in the world I could stay.

It's good to know there are others, but it does nothing to change MY reality.

i havent ben in 8 years to a dentist but i when to a higentist 2 years a go and i dont have anyhting wrong. but im nuts when i clean my teeth (liveing in fear).when i was a kid my dentist would drill my teeth ever chane he got :scared:
(he wanted money)
dentist feake me out .even the higntist scard me to death.i just lay there telling my self behave if she hurts me and i beging beging her to stop and she wont then i will bite her realy hard and she wont do that agen...(and yes i have had to do that befor because they wouldnet stop)
meditaton works realy well for me .but mostly im good at makeing myself behave. like one time i cut my had open on a fence and i dident want my mom to see so i hid it over a big jacket and even tho it burned uncontroalbly i talked normal like nothing was wrong.i can hide thing very well

I havent been to a dentist in 36yrs. I have had an awful lot of pain and my life has been hell. :cry:

well i last went to a dentist 3 years ago to have a wisdom tooth pulled but before that i had another dentist i disliked him he was always growling at how bad my teeth were etc not like i dont know that already dont ned to put me down anymore but i found a real nice female dentist now and good looking to boot so i aint gonna miss anymore haha

It's good to know I'm not the only one who hasn't been to the dentist in more than 30 years. We are in the minority and I keep telling myself at my age now I should be more sensible and know better. Having made the first appointment for checkup - looming up very close now, I think my shame at state of neglected teeth is slightly overtaking fear of dentist. ;D

22 years god that sounds awful :shame:

hahaha harper, i beat you by one year lol 23 years since i was there, that was until yesterday.............

I haven't been for almost 9 years. And don't think i'll be going anytime soon  :shame:

Still trying to write that email  :shame:   :hidesbehindsofa:

Last went age 13

i votes 1 year. I can`t believe that they are people who votes 31+

I think the longest I've ever gone between dentist visits is four years... and I'm coming up on that again now! I know I really need to go but I have to try to find a new dentist (I moved to another country) and I'm petrified :(

Back