• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

How long will the sedation last? Root Canal and more questions below.

S

Sweetie

NO2, I mean.

I'm HOPEFULLY (if I can get the money or a decent payment plan :( ) going to be going in on the 17th for a three tooth procedure involving 3 fillings and MAYBE root canals, depending how deep the fillings are. They can't tell on the x-rays, and that scares me. I have a terrible anxiety, the idea of them touching my teeth sends me in shivers; one of them has a massive hole in the side, and the idea of them sticking a tool in it sends me to tears.

I was wondering how long the laughing gas lasts?

I saw it only works for about five minutes? My procedure will be over an hour for all three teeth.
I cant imagine they'd leave the mask on while they work either.
I'm also scared they might overdose me. I'm less than average weight, at 95lbs (20 years, hey, I'm tiny, I don't look terrible, I just have a small body) I don't take anxiety medication as I have difficulty swallowing pills.

Also -- finally; I'm concerned my dentist did not list pricing info about a crown when she listed the price for a root canal. Does that mean my teeth will be exposed if they have to do one? Oh no..

Please any info is useful!

I was wondering how long the laughing gas lasts?
The effect lasts as long as you are inhaling it. Once you stop breathing it (removing the nose-mask) it evaporates from your blood within 2 minutes.

Also -- finally; I'm concerned my dentist did not list pricing info about a crown when she listed the price for a root canal. Does that mean my teeth will be exposed if they have to do one?

The tooth will not be exposed but will be sealed with a filling. The crowns can be made later (in some cases even years later).

I was told my appointment was moved to tomorrow.
So nervous! :(

Back